24-hour Crisis Hotline:
If you have been a victim of sexual assault and are seeking help, please call today. Locally you can call: 269.245.3925
SEXUAL ASSAULT SERVICES FACT SHEET
Released: February 2010
In the past fiscal year –
- We served 965 persons who are affected by sexual assault or abuse.
- 141 Victims received crisis victim advocacy and medical-forensic examinations.
- 153 Friends and Family Members of Victims were assisted by victim advocates.
- Victims and Family Members/Friends were assisted by SAS advocates at court 42 times.(Jan.- Dec. 2009)
- 184 Children and 98 Family Members received specialized services at the Child Advocacy Center in 2009.
- 514 Survivors of sexual violence received individual, group or family counseling by trained, masters-level therapists.
- 8 Girls and Boys attended Summer Fun Camp at Sherman Lake YMCA.
- Over 4,000 Youth from pre-school through high school received sexual assault prevention education and materials.
- 55 Trained Community Volunteers gave over 20,000 hours to assist victims at hospitals, police departments, and courts.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE OF CHARGE TO VICTIMS AND THEIR LOVED ONES.
Assistance filing for Crime Victim’s Compensation is available to any of our clients.
*Fiscal Year Oct. 1, 2008 – Sept. 30, 2009 unless otherwise noted.